Part 2- Flying Squirrel Woman: Ecstasies and Agonies Chronicles: 6 Months on Weight Loss Drugs

Pancreas Bitch-Slapping

Mounjaro® is mostly responsible for my pancreas being kicked into modified submission.  To my endless joy, I no longer need to take Insulin.  My A1C is down to 6.1 and I’m only monitoring my blood sugar.

Additionally,  I have no more back pain, and my sciatica has been tamed like a lion with a chair.  I have a lot more energy and I don’t think of things in terms of places to sit anymore.

Thanks, Mounjaro!

Hairnado!

Hair loss is possible with fast weight loss (your experience may vary).

The first time I noticed it, I was sent a picture of me in a group shot and I swear my forehead looked bigger. Think Casper the Friendly Ghost.  I blamed it on a lighting problem. 

Next couple of months, my bathroom sink wouldn’t drain.  I plunged it out and a major clump of black, slimy hair emerged  “Huh?  How long has that been there?” Not even denying it—just plainly not seeing the truth.

A week later, I dropped a box in my bedroom which caused a huge wind.  A Hairnado whirled in the adjoining bathroom, creating hair clumps that gathered together into a giant tumbleweed that rolled and stopped at my feet, coughing.   

For fun, my daughter, Krista, put me into a bald filter using her iPhone the other day.  It was me, but evil, villainous.  Without hair, I would rile animals to an aggressive neck-fur on-end point.  In a flash, I could see me with a whole new persona and an accent, wiggling my fingers fiendishly.

(note:  I know wonderful people who look handsome/beautiful without hair)

I’m pretty sure it’s temporary.  Don’t bother with trying regrowth shampoos--they don’t work. Neither does prayer. Is being thin worth being bald?  YES, it is. 

Flying Squirrel Woman

I now have a saggy stomach pouch large enough to shelter a fully grown kangaroo. 

I think, if I swan-dove off a smallish building, the wind would underfill all my loose arm skin and, stretched out, I could soar, flying squirrel-like.   I would have to be naked for the air to reach the skin. DON’T TRY this at home

“Downward Dog” position is possibly the worst way to look at a newly shrunken woman, especially from below.  Once, I tried looking at my face, looking down into a mirror and my eyebrow-less Grandma Hazel appeared, eye-folds and all.

“Not a good look for you, dear,” she soothed.

Stay tuned for Part 3.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did you SEE that Half-Naked Woman in the Bakery Aisle?

Job Applicant Olympics

Ooo Eee Ooo Ah Ah…CHOO!